The Gene and Cell Therapy Lab in the SIAT invites applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar position. The candidate will engage in research on cell-based gene therapies for tissue regeneration. Applicants are expected to present a lecture on their work, contribute intellectually to the scholarly work in the laboratory, and mentor students.
PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or a related field in life sciences. Candidate should have experience performing molecular biology techniques, such as DNA cloning, assembly of viral vectors, quantitative PCR, and performing animal studies.
Salaries and Benefits
The period of employment lasts for 2 years.
1. The annual salary is around 200,000-300,000RMB, which includes the postdoctoral subsidy (12000 RMB a year, duty-free) provided by Shenzhen government.
2. We will give assistance to successful candidates to apply housing subsidy (30,000 RMB) provided from “The Housing Project for Talents” by Shenzhen government; in addition, according to “Green-Car Subsidy Program” of Sheng Zhen City, green vehicles are also available for them for free within 90 hours.
3. We will give assistance to apply research grants (300,000 RMB) for postdocs who have signed over 3 year’s employment contracts and decide to settle in Sheng Zhen when successfully finish their research.
4. Some excellent and eligible postdocs can apply “Shenzhen High-level Talents fund” or other funds in accordance with Shenzhen talent introduction policies; for instance, those who have more than 3-year’s working experience in Shenzhen after finishing their postdoctoral researches are eligible for Shenzhen Leading Talents Policy and will be awarded around 1600,000 RMB.
5. As an overseas returnees-based institution, SIAT is a national scientific research institution with dynamic atmosphere where talents can fully develop their interests.
6. After signing the formal labor contracts (for them to be eligible for “peacock plan”), the candidates are entitled to our welfares, including the endowment insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work-related injury insurance as well as childbirth insurance, and housing accumulation funds.
7. The one with over 1 year’s overseas education background and eligible for Shenzhen oversea high-level talents policies is qualified to apply the funds from “peacock plan”.
(A level-3million RMB; B level-2minllion RMB, C-level 1.6million RMB)
The eligibility criteria for “peacock plan” can be found in the website:
Subsidy standers for overseas high-level talents in Shenzhen:
See also: http://zp.siat.ac.cn/?mod=boshihou&id=49
Please contact Dr. Hu at email@example.com