Laboratory and Position Description
The Centre for Synthetic Genomics (CSG) in Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (SIAT) is inviting three motivated and talented postdocs with a strong background in Synthetic Biology, Computational Biology or Genetics to join us in Sheng Zhen, 2018.
The laboratory is focused on synthetic biology using various systems. Particular interests include development of new technologies for genes and genome synthesis, dissection of genome function by genome redesign and the application of the synthetic organisms. Prof. Dai is one of the key members in synthetic yeast consortium (Sc2.0) and has lead a team to synthesize the yeast chromosome XII. The results were published in Science, Nature, Nature Communications, PNAS, Nucleic Acids Res and other prestigious international journals.
Professor Junbiao Dai is the director of the Centre for Synthetic Genomics. He received his Bachelor degree from Nanjing University, Master of Science in Biology from Tsinghua University and PhD in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology from Iowa State University. He was a post-doctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine.
Prof. Dai is the winner of Albert Lehninger Research Award from Johns Hopkins University .
1. We prefer candidates who are about to graduate with PhD or have a PhD within the past five years in China or abroad.
2. Candidates must be highly motivated and willing to conduct the research in the field of Synthetic Biology independently.
3. Candidates are expected to have prominent research products in the related field.
4. Candidates with the following research experience will be given primary consideration:
1) Computational Biology
a) Candidates with research backgrounds of Computer Sciences and Bioinformatics.
b) Experience in analyzing genome sequencing data, RNA-seq and other high-throughput sequencing data
c) Experience in programming and data-mining.
2) Mammalian Genetics
a) With research experience in either of the following area: human genetics, mouse genetics or synthetic biology and so on.
b) Familiar with cell culture, gene knockout/knockin using CRISPR or other related technologies.
3) Yeast Genetics and protein engineering
a) With research experience in yeast genetics, molecular biology, enzymology, and biochemistry.
b) With research background in structural biology.
Salaries and Benefits
The period of employment lasts for 2 years.
1. The annual salary is around 200,000-300,000RMB, which includes the postdoctoral subsidy (12000 RMB a year, duty-free) provided by Shenzhen government.
2. We will give assistance to successful candidates to apply housing subsidy (30,000 RMB) provided from “The Housing Project for Talents” by Shenzhen government; in addition, according to “Green-Car Subsidy Program” of Sheng Zhen City, green vehicles are also available for them for free within 90 hours.
3. We will give assistance to apply research grants (300,000 RMB) for postdocs who have signed over 3 year’s employment contracts and decide to settle in Sheng Zhen when successfully finish their research.
4. Some excellent and eligible postdocs can apply “Shenzhen High-level Talents fund” or other funds in accordance with Shenzhen talent introduction policies; for instance, those who have more than 3-year’s working experience in Shenzhen after finishing their postdoctoral researches are eligible for Shenzhen Leading Talents Policy and will be awarded around 1600,000 RMB.
5. As an overseas returnees-based institution, SIAT is a national scientific research institution with dynamic atmosphere where talents can fully develop their interests.
6. After signing the formal labor contracts (for them to be eligible for “peacock plan”), the candidates are entitled to our welfares, including the endowment insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work-related injury insurance as well as childbirth insurance, and housing accumulation funds.
7. The one with over 1 year’s overseas education background and eligible for Shenzhen oversea high-level talents policies is qualified to apply the funds from “peacock plan”.
(A level-3million RMB; B level-2minllion RMB, C-level 1.6million RMB)
The eligibility criteria for “peacock plan” can be found in the website:
Subsidy standers for overseas high-level talents in Shenzhen:
See also: http://zp.siat.ac.cn/?mod=boshihou&id=49
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email describing their motivation and research interests along with a CV and representative theses to email@example.com.
Please give clear indication of your research area in the subject of your email.
Address: 1068 Xueyuan Avenue, Shenzhen University Town,
Shenzhen, P.R. China