Laboratory and Position Description
The laboratory is focused on areas which based on a new generation of high-throughput sequencing technologies and bioinformatics methods to study the special environment, such as: human intestinal, structural and functional composition of microorganisms and the relationship between the environment.
2-3 Bioinformatics/microbiology/genomics postdoctoral.
1. Have obtained or will soon receive a doctorate, master's degree or bachelor's degree;
2. Professionals with interdisciplinary backgrounds such as microbiology and bioinformatics;
3. Give priority to the following research experience:
Bioinformatics, environmental microbiology, metagenomics, statistics, bacteriophage synthesis biology research background;
4. Proficient in English;
5. Be familiar with at least one common computer programming language;
6. Has independent research capabilities; is interested in research on microbiology and has achieved outstanding scientific research achievements in its field.
Salaries and Benefits
The period of employment lasts for 2 years.
1. The annual salary is around 200,000-300,000RMB, which includes the postdoctoral subsidy (12000 RMB a year, duty-free) provided by Shenzhen government.
2. We will give assistance to successful candidates to apply housing subsidy (30,000 RMB) provided from “The Housing Project for Talents” by Shenzhen government; in addition, according to “Green-Car Subsidy Program” of Sheng Zhen City, green vehicles are also available for them for free within 90 hours.
3. We will give assistance to apply research grants (300,000 RMB) for postdocs who have signed over 3 year’s employment contracts and decide to settle in Sheng Zhen when successfully finish their research.
4. Some excellent and eligible postdocs can apply “Shenzhen High-level Talents fund” or other funds in accordance with Shenzhen talent introduction policies; for instance, those who have more than 3-year’s working experience in Shenzhen after finishing their postdoctoral researches are eligible for Shenzhen Leading Talents Policy and will be awarded around 1600,000 RMB.
5. As an overseas returnees-based institution, SIAT is a national scientific research institution with dynamic atmosphere where talents can fully develop their interests.
6. After signing the formal labor contracts (for them to be eligible for “peacock plan”), the candidates are entitled to our welfares, including the endowment insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work-related injury insurance as well as childbirth insurance, and housing accumulation funds.
7. The one with over 1 year’s overseas education background and eligible for Shenzhen oversea high-level talents policies is qualified to apply the funds from “peacock plan”.
(A level-3million RMB; B level-2minllion RMB, C-level 1.6million RMB)
The eligibility criteria for “peacock plan” can be found in the website:
Subsidy standers for overseas high-level talents in Shenzhen:
See also: http://zp.siat.ac.cn/?mod=boshihou&id=49
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email describing their motivation and research interests along with a CV and representative theses to firstname.lastname@example.org Please give clear indication of your research area in the subject of your email.
Address: 1068 Xueyuan Avenue, Shenzhen University Town,
Shenzhen, P.R. China